Thursday, February 27, 2014

WHAT !!! Oh My God It's 5:45am

  This morning I am having one of those good sleep's, the kind you get only once in awhile. Everything was well with the world, I was dreaming of something awesome. I can't remember what it was but I do know that the knock on our bedroom door at 5:45 jerked me out of my peaceful bliss. I sat bolt upright and muttered under my breath damn door.

 Normally I get up anywhere between 6:00 and 6:15 to get Rebel ready and off to school. It's 5:45 and she is up knocking on the door, I honestly don't know what time she had gotten up. But I know that when I came out of the bedroom she was dressed, had already braided her hair and was ready to go. I love the girl's enthusiasm, it's a great thing she is always excited about going to school. But child you robbed me of 30 minute's of peaceful slumber!

  As luck would have it Ryder was also on the verge of waking up, though I was able to get him back to sleep. I think Rebel had accidentally woke him up when she was getting ready, no harm it happens sometime's even I have woke him up before trying to get her ready. We come out to the living room and I get her some cereal turn on some Tom and Jerry for her and proceed to get my coffee.

 After breakfast Me and Rebel are sitting here watching cartoons, she tell's me her shoe's are still in the bedroom. Not in the bathroom where I told her to put them last night with the rest of her school clothes. Not a problem though, I sneak down the hall like a ninja hoping I don't step on something that will make a noise and wake up Ryder, so far so good I make it to the room climb over the baby gate as quietly as possible. Putting my foot down on the other side of the gate, the trap had been set... I step right on a Hot Wheel's car. Biting my lip so I don't scream out in agony. Well played son, well played.

  I get her shoe's then sneak back down the hall and stop right at the end, listening for any telltale sound's coming from their room to make sure I didn't wake him up. Everything is all good, Ryder is still asleep, Rebel has her shoe's, and I have a fresh cup of coffee. Then about 10 minute's later I glance toward the hall and see Ryder walking to the living room, that boy is a better ninja than I ever could be. He didn't make a sound climbing over the baby gate or coming down the hall. I'm attributing his ability to avoid the Hot Wheel's trap due to the fact that he had set it.

While watching him come down the hall I realize what woke him up, I left the hall light on... DUH! So should have checked that off on my ninja list.... There is no point in trying to get him back to sleep now, he is wide awake and ready to go. Normally he sleep's till about 8:30 or 9:00 and I am able to get some writing done or whatever else I want to do in those couple of hour's after Rebel head's off to school. The only reason I am able to get this out is because Mickey Mouse is on T.V. Ryder will drop EVERYTHING to watch Mickey!

 Which it is about to end and I still have to get the breakfast dishes done before he decide's to play mini Godzilla and start trying to climb up Rebel's doll house with her Barbie's. Have a wonderful day everyone and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment